The routine I use to stay productive in the morning
You wake up. It's 7 am.
Wow, you tell yourself, I have an extra 2 hours before going to work! I have 2 hours to work on my side project!
You decide to relax a bit and scroll through your phone. Only for 5 minutes, you tell yourself, you have plenty of time left.
You mindlessly scroll through your phone.
Five more minutes. Five more minutes.
It's already 8h50 am.
Time to go to work. Another day, without working on your side project.
How do you stay motivated when waking up AND work on the things that matter to YOU?
Here is a small routine that I use to have a productive morning:
- Before going to bed, lock your phone away. Keep it in another room so that you need to walk to get it.
- Drink some water (without getting your phone).
- Do 20 pushups and 20 squats. We are not breaking any records here. We are just trying to wake up.
- Drink some more water (without touching your phone).
- Take a cold shower (2 minutes or less).
After that routine, you will feel energized and motivated to work on your project!
Tip of the week
In today's tip of the week, I want to talk about implementing a dictionary in TypeScript.
You can create a dictionary using different methods:
- Using an indexed interface.
- Using the Record utility type.
- Using the Map object.
However, my favorite way of creating a dictionary involves using the Record utility type.
Here is an example:
This solution is easy to understand and easy to implement.
If you want a more verbose solution, use the Map built-in object. Compared to other methods, the main advantage of using the Map object is its API methods to manage key/value pairs.
Read more: How to build a dictionary in TypeScript?
I added one new article on the Jest testing library:
Thank you for reading.
See you next week!